Sunday 19 January 2014

Being Humble..

I realised today that I have an Issue with pride, so today another drummer came to help out. To teach me the ropes, but it was the way it was done that annoyed me, also my quick conclusion thoughts fuelled my actions and probably left a bad first impression. sighs
 so I find that I am not playing the drums today but watching, I think I feel threatened sometimes because instruments in general are a male dominated area, so today when I went up to play the way I was first dismissed was unpleasant. it was like "Woman you just watch". the Bass player gave me that look, I was like seriously?? are you kidding me

i gave a really sarcastic answer to his question " are you playing today", I then said " well. obviously like I play every week". The drummer who was meant to help me improve was standing, so I didn't even look at him. I just stood up and walked away. . how rude of me

I didn't grasp the whole situation I just reacted, I should have been calmer and that's when I realised it was an issue with pride. The conga player had actually brought the drummer guy to help me improve not to put me down, I read the situation wrongly. And even if the way they talked to me was flippant I should have stuck to being the nice person I KNOW I am.
 At the end of the day I ended up nest to the drummer who was amazing by the way. I really learnt a lot from just watching him play.
This is where being Humble and Humility is important in life.
DON'T react, wait the situation out and be patient.

James 1:19 - "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."


No comments:

Post a Comment