Wednesday 4 February 2015

The problem with pride.

Pride is the slow devourer of man, it plants seeds of strife and arrogance within ones soul. It not only affects your relationship with others but affects your relationship with God.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices God desires are a humble spirit--O God, a humble and repentant heart you will not reject.

God loves to see you and me humbled in his presence. Pride blinds us from seeing our own faults and makes us unable to love others as God loves us.
People tend to be ruthless when judging others, there's no room for consideration. But a friend told me today "I am a sinner,but the fact God woke me up today shows me that he still believes in me. He does not see me as my present but sees me as what I will become"

If God allows even your worst enemies to get up in the morning, it shows that he still loves them and you should too. Pride stops us from doing this, it eats away at any chance of empathy we could have for others. One of the most severe consequences of Pride is a weak prayer life.Instead of humbling ourselves in prayer and asking for God's guidance we would rather do things on our own and only consider God When things get really messy.

proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
It really  isn't useful for any christian   to be arrogant or full of Pride. It only leads us to fall, we Christians need to uplift and encourage one another.

On a final note: my personal experience with pride
I'm a very logical person  and I think things should be done a certain way so that God will be pleased with you. That's my pride. The bible teaches that nothing you do will ever win you a place with God ... Jesus has done that. He is the final and only acceptable sacrifice. So how do I deal with this.. I humble myself in prayer. Pride is the a problem mankind struggles with, it is pride that make us think that we should be treated a certain way by people.when we are treated any differently we are flummoxed and slowly we become angry and bitter.
I'm drawing from personal experience, but I pray for anyone else who may struggle with pride. Let's free
 ourselves  from its chains and live in the freedom available to us through Christ .

No comments:

Post a Comment