Friday 19 December 2014

Time is God's Currency

We are living in a society where everything is fast paced and digital. There are so many things you that could easily get caught up doing and before you know it  24hrs fly by. Being a busy person is not the issue here but if you are a person wanting to see the manifestation of God in your life then time management becomes an issue. I have problems with time management myself, therefore it is from experience that I write. I was once in a youth programme and the preacher said "a lot of youth have Zill but no subtance". From His whole sermon that's what stuck out for me. Having Zill but no Substance, it described me at the time well. I was very energetic to so the work of God and I was very passionate about him and his word but I lacked substance, all because I did not spend enough time with him.
A fire without continuous fuel will burn itself out, and this is the case for passionate Christians who do not spend one on one time with God.  This applies to the everyone from the pastors to members of the congregation.


To be honest, the idea of one on one time does not have to be the traditional sitting quietly. Every moment of your life is a chance to communicate with God. when you someone upsets you during the day you can talk to him, when you appriciate the beauty of nature you can thank him, when you are being tempted you can ask him for grace and he will always be there.
Here are some bible verses that talk about spending time with God.

1 Samuel 1:19   They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the LORD; then they went back to their house at  Ramah. 



Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world,  but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment